…was released in 2015 and is the biggest for decentralised finance and smart contracts platform worldwide.
…is the foundation for over 1900 cryptogurrencies and tokens, including for almost 50% of the top 100 existing cryptocurrencies.
…excels Bitcoin in various aspects: Ethereum is for more performant, turing-complete, supports smart contracts and distributed apps and therefore can be used for far more applications than just establishing a cryptocurrency.
…has currently almost 100 million users.
…is solving the main issues of existing cryptocurrenies:
- Their energy consumption to mine through proof of stake instead of proof of work.
- Their limitation to single transactions per second through sharing instead of centralization.
- Ethereum 2 will need a fraction of the required energy and resources while maintaining its security and stability.
- Ethereum 2 can execute more transactions per second than any other payment provider worldwide.
This opens up a broad range of possibilities, beeing the foundation for other systems and establishing a plattform for new applications.
- the key change in ethereum 2 is the change from mining to staking.
- In difference to mining staking does not require vast amounts of energy and computation power, can therefore be done by individuals with the required it infrastructure.
- The expected return on invest by staking depends on the amount of stakers and currently exceeds every other investment form by far.